Physical Education & Health Contact Information:
Curriculum content coach: Amy Kaiser
Teacher: Lakewood/Lincoln Park
218-336-8880 ext. 2778
Duluth Public School K-12 Physical Education
• We believe students who value physical activity will live a healthy life.
• We believe the physical education setting is the laboratory for practice and reinforcement of positive social interaction and positive mental health.
• We believe a quality Physical Education program provides students the knowledge to prevent obesity, heart disease, diabetes and other life threatening diseases.
• We believe active participation in daily physical activity is linked to stronger academic achievement.
• Students participating is daily Physical Education will exhibit better attendance, positive attitude toward school and higher academic achievement.
• Physical activity enhances a student's feelings of self-esteem and wellbeing.
• We believe a licensed Physical Education teacher is essential for a quality program.