Resolution of Purpose...
The Purpose of Independent School District 709 is to provide a quality education that prepares all students for successful lives in the home, community and workplace.
Several underlying beliefs provide the foundation for our decisions and actions. We believe:
- It is our responsibility to educate all children
- It is our responsibility to operate the District with fiscal stability
- We need to act as partners with teachers, parents, community members and students
- We must continue to explore and expand our partnerships to identify ways in which we can hold each other accountable and responsible for student success
- We need to review change in an ongoing way. This includes both external (technology, legislative action) and internal (student results and research) changes
Core Capabilities of Students
At the conclusion of their educational experience we believe that all students should be capable in the following core areas:
- Reading, Writing, Math, Science, Arts, Health & Wellness
- Critical Thinking
- Respect for self and others (including property and other cultures)
- Capacity to live in a diverse society
- Sufficient academic and functional skills to operate effectively in and outside of the world of work